Theodore Roosevelt an American statesman who is widely regarded as one of the greatest American presidents, served from 1901 - 1909. Also a master orator, author and soldier, his face is depicted on Mount Rushmore alongside George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln.
Check out some of his most inspirational quotes below.
25 Inspirational Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
1. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
2. “With self-discipline, almost anything is possible.” – Theodore Roosevelt
3. “There has never yet been a man in our history who led a life of ease whose name is worth remembering.” – Theodore Roosevelt
4. “The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.” – Theodore Roosevelt
5. “When you play, play hard; when you work, don’t play at all.” – Theodore Roosevelt
6. “Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” – Theodore Roosevelt
7. “No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his well-being, to risk his body, to risk his life, in a great cause.” – Theodore Roosevelt
8. “Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster.” – Theodore Roosevelt
9. "Believe you can and you're half way there" - Theodore Roosevelt
10. “Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.” – Theodore Roosevelt
11. "I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being." - Theodore Roosevelt
12. "We must show, not merely in great crises, but in the everyday affairs of life, the qualities of practical intelligence, of courage, of hardihood, and endurance, and above all the power of devotion to a lofty ideal, which made great the men who founded this Republic in the days of Washington, which made great the men who preserved this Republic in the days of Abraham Lincoln." - Theodore Roosevelt
13. "Unless a man is master of his soul, all other kinds of mastery amount to little." - Theodore Roosevelt
14. "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly." - Theodore Roosevelt
15. “Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.” – Theodore Roosevelt
16. “It behooves every man to remember that the work of the critic is of altogether secondary importance, and that, in the end, progress is accomplished by the man who does things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
17. “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” – Theodore Roosevelt
18. “Some men can live up to their loftiest ideals without ever going higher than a basement.” – Theodore Roosevelt
19. “I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!” – Theodore Roosevelt
20. "It is of little use for us to pay lip-loyalty to the mighty men of the past unless we sincerely endeavor to apply to the problems of the present precisely the qualities which in other crises enabled the men of that day to meet those crises." - Theodore Roosevelt
21. "It is not the critic who counts. ... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly ... who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
22. " I am a part of everything that I have read" - Theodore Roosevelt
23. "The one thing that I want to leave my children is an honourable name" - Theodore Roosevelt
24. "I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man" - Theodore Roosevelt
25. "Probably the greatest harm done by vast wealth is the harm that we of moderate means do ourselves when we let the vices of envy and hatred enter deep into our own natures"
- Theodore Roosevelt
As always feel free to leave any comments you have below.